Thursday, February 2, 2012

Braking mad

The other day I woke up from bed feeling fantastic. The sun was shining and instead of being woken by the alarm I had heard a bird's chirping first thing in the morning. I decided to translate the feeling of well-being to the clothes I was going to wear, and noting that it was not too cold a day, pulled out a short skirt and tights.

On wearing these I looked at my reflection and suddenly had an inspiration. Women's clothing can be... interesting, depending on how well it is padded from underneath. So I began to surf the net to learn more, and by chance stumbled upon the following article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,388668,00.html

This was such a nice and humorous read that I continued combing the internet for similar articles and I eventually came across
http://www.007b.com/why_wear_bras.php

and then: http://kerryg.hubpages.com/hub/Why-I-Go-Bra-Free

This was enough support for me. I removed the constraining piece of clothing and was free. I had started out wanting to find out how to enhance the appearance of those dear little friends, and I found that I wanted to do an experiment.
So I spent a couple of days without a bra. Usually I wear comfortable, non-underwired, non-padded models. I thought my bras were comfortable, but my experiment proved me wrong. Three days of no bra followed by a day of wearing one, as I had been used to it before, showed me that I actually do not need one. The pressure to wear these bits of cloth has been around right since I was in seventh grade and practically all my classmates wore one, to the extent that I used to feel incomplete without one. Thanks to a conversation with a friend about this in the recent past I decided to look into the matter more closely.

To all those reading this, please gain some awareness on the issue and get a solid opinion on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment