Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's day greeting

There is reason to be grateful.
God, thank you for putting me here, precisely in this place, in this body, with these thoughts.Thank you for the variety of things to eat, do and think about. Thank you for my friends who are there for me at various points of time, for whom I may be there when they want company. Thank you for all the fun and laughter. Often I am assailed by negative thoughts, self-doubts, bouts of jealousy and great insecurity as to what I am worth, what the future will bring and whether I shall succeed in the things I take up. Teach me to look to you at such times and not curse what I have.

Thank you for the steadying instance that is home, where there is kindness even in the routine struggles of everyday life. Please give my mother, my grandmother, my father and my brother all that they need to live well. My cousin in India is somebody I do not know well, but she has good things in her life. Help her to maintain these. Teach me how to nurture a home one day. Please bring love into my life, in my manner, in my sight and in the form of a man. Help me lose the urge to control situations.

Happy Valelntine's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment